poniedziałek, 21 stycznia 2013

Poland – Mongolia Economic Forum


Today I had a chance to participate in Poland-Mongolia Economic Forum in Warsaw. About 80 businessman from Mongolia came to visit Polish capital city and find investors, start cooperation, do business. The meeting was really interesting, I heard things that frankly I could not find on the internet or newspapers. One of the best thing was appearance of Polish president – Bronisław Komorowski, and Mongolian president – Tsakhigiin Elbegdorj, which highlights the importance of the Forum. Mongolia is one of the fast growing economies, with business-friendly incentives. As I remembered, in Mongolia: VAT – 10%, equal treatment of all international and domestic companies, many natural resources (copper, coal, gold, silver, gas etc.), Ulan Bator – over one million citizens (couple of years ago it was about 300 000), many constrictions project (related to population growth), serious changes in law – many acts which can facilitate international businesses.

As student of International Business – I was really upset. The only young people were me and my friend. It means that people my age, student, entrepreneurs, who are the future engine of Polish economy, did not know about such an event. Moreover as I know, none of my classmates knew. For students - it is not only about doing business, but see how it looks in reality to start cooperation with international partner. We can’t take all that knowledge out of our books, we have to practice. And if we are suppose to be “international entrepreneurs” I think such forums are crucial. It is kind of a warm-up. What’s more – it is for free, and the only cost is the train (with our student discount is 50% cheaper).

And one more thing: in 1980s Tsakhigiin Elbegdorj – president of Mongolia was studying in Ukraine in Львів (Lviv)!!! 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz