niedziela, 18 maja 2014

Semana Santa:

Easters are already behind. I had a great chance to experience Semana Santa in Barcelona. During the Holly Friday there was a parade – huge event at La Rambla. It is a significant event all over the Spain. Street was full of tourists and Spanish people – some participated actively, some were just observing this extraordinary colorful event. So was I – I’ve stood still and tried to see as much as I could and took some pictures. It was a bit hard to see anything, actually I’ve only seen the tops of conical hats and the statue of Jesus Christ and Maria behind. Music made it also audible so I could had heard it before I’ve came closer. I didn’t know what exactly Semana Santa is, so only when I got back home I’ve checked. Well it’s basically the “Holly Week” which is being celebrated as a huge parade. The parade is commemorating the last days of Christ and preparing Christians for the big holiday.




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz