wtorek, 14 stycznia 2014

New Year in Jakarta

My first New Year, that I celebrated not in Ukraine/Poland took place in Jakarta – the capital city of Indonesia. Well, I have never seen such a disorganized party, where people were shooting fireworks as they stood, police didn’t react, I was freaking out and running away, cause some of those fireworks didn’t fly up, but was sneaking horizontally harming people. It was scary. Somehow we got home after one hour and in a safe apartment finally opened our champagne. The next day I called my Polish friend who celebrated New Year in Krakow and it was exactly the same in Poland, plus people we drunk so they were: tumbling, fighting, vomiting and peeing on the street. Suddenly I felt so happy to be in Muslim country, where people remain sober even during New Year celebration. Anyway, it was a unique experience, which I’ll never ever want to repeat – not in Jakarta for sure, probably I wouldn’t do it in Manila neither. It’s more like “if you don’t do you’ll never know”. :D
At least it was warm :D 

City center - before midnight

The same city center - midnight, no visibility of sky + ashes falling down on our heads...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz