piątek, 31 stycznia 2014

How to pass or accept TOEFL and not get crazy

This exam is not one of my favorite. I had to pass it last week – today I got my score: 92… Well, could be better. But as I saw I screwed up listening, where I lost 9 points. It never happened before, so then I just realized. This test is nothing but:
1.      Great business (you pay 200 US Dollars) – for Ukrainians it’s a monthly wage
2.      Poor indication of your ability to use English (those scores can vary each time you do the test) 
As I recall I did 18 TPOs – toefl practice online. On Wednesday, four days before the real test, I did my TPO. It was seventeenth TPO and I got the worst score ever. I lost around 30 points. I was devastated. The next day, on Thursday I did my final, eighteenth TPO and surprise, I got the best score ever. I lost only around 10 points.
So I might be wrong, but it’s quite impossible to get a supreme knowledge of English overnight. Or was it a God’s illumination of my language skills? The answer is NO.

It’s just one of those creepy tests, which you have to pass and you are never sure what you’ll get. But even if you fail, or get a shitty score… Well it doesn’t mean that you don’t know the subject. I got a super low score and SURPRISE, SURPRISE: I still speak English and I even type now. Amazing huh? If you fail, just don’t be sad. It’s not you, it’s toefl ;)
After the test. This feeling of happiness :D

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz